Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fear inhibits Progress

One day I feel scared shitless, the next I'm Ms. Confident strutting around like I am 'The Shit'.

I just graduated with my B.F.A in Fashion Design. I refused to accept a job, or even attempt to look for one in NYC because quite frankly, I'm not crazy about living in that city. I knew I needed a drastic change, something unpredictable and life-changing. So I purchased a one-way ticket to Europe. Sure I've lived in Spain before and have been there almost every year of my life, but I haven't experienced the rest of Europe. Besides, I was only 13 and under my parents' wing when I lived in Spain, and every other time has been on family vacations. This time, I'm on my own. Just me, my backpack, and my dual-citizenship. The journey begins this Friday, June 25th 2010 from Florida to Germany; first to visit a friend and then... who knows.

Let's be honest, I have no clue what I'm doing. I don't know where I'll be in a year, or in 2 weeks for that matter. I might have to waitress until I land a steady job and take refuge at my aunt's place in Spain. The real hope is to land a decent internship with a fashion design house eventually leading me to getting hired. And the ULTIMATE dream is to work for a high-end designer in Paris, put my 6 years of french to use, and perhaps run my own design house one day. But at this point, I'm really open to any opportunity that comes my way.

I hope that in this adventure I can share with you my passion for good food, beautiful fashion, and (hopefully) frequent flying.

Ciao!

Rosanna

No comments:

Post a Comment