Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Proud ex-intern of Ruffian

Reviewing the first day of New York Fashion Week's collections had me a bit nostalgic. A couple of years ago I spent the summer in NYC interning for the designers of Ruffian and so I am quite familiar with past collections they have done, and I must say... this new collection is my absolute favorite.

First off, who doesn't want to wear their opening look? Sleek, sophisticated, creating a lean, long look. I love the oversized military buttons and the beautiful blue belt accentuating the waist.


How about these lovely evening looks (that I would personally wear evening or day)... the silky dress (or blouse and skirt) makes me want to put it on right now! Not only is it elegant looking, it looks like it feels like water on the skin!



And the skirt in this look is perfectly awkward. In a way it looks like it should close all of the way but it's just enough peek-a-boo for the sexy touch without showing too much (I love the surprise underneath, pretty lining!) The color of the blouse, repeated throughout the whole collection, is just beautiful.


Cheers Ruffian! Really wonderful collection!

(Thank you NYmag for the images)

No comments:

Post a Comment