Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September is the January in Fashion

The 1st of September! Rather than starting off the month with the sunny days I've been used to lately, this morning it was raining; the perfect weather to put me in the mood for fall! If you have seen The September Issue (a documentary about Anna Wintour and her team at Vogue magazine preparing the most important issue of the year) you may remember a certain woman quoting "September is like the January in fashion" and she is so right. It is time to renew that wardrobe and fill it with new, wonderful and beautiful things!

When you begin witnessing every version possible of a trend trickling down from high-end designer lines to affordable, multi-national chains dressing everyone in similar looks for better, or for worse you know that trend is coming to an end. This is why I love trends! Right as your getting tired of seeing the same thing over and over again, something semi-new and reinvented comes along to refresh your closet... and your eyes.

While some of you may embrace the risqué rocker look with shorts so short the pockets hang out, I quite frankly am a bit tired of it. The main reason being... I just don't quite pull off this look as well as perhaps this chick here:

Let's face it, she's a total hottie (thank you Stockholm Street Style). However, these classy ladies in the following images are the embodiment of the kind of style I want to have this fall and they represent everything I love about being a woman; call me old-fashioned but I just can't help myself.



Here comes the best one, I want everything she is wearing... or better yet... can I just be her?


Oh, I just can't wait! To start off my shopping list for this fall, I'll include (other than an amazing coat, always my weakness) ...

1.) An updated version of the 50's silhouette dress above
2.) The perfect pump
3.) An awesome cape like the wonderful YSL one above

And I'm sure this list will grow...

In honor of the January of fashion, my blog will be primarily dedicated to fashion talk this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment